This column started with an offer to Shel Rovin, a 2007 Forum presenter, Ongoing Discussion Thought Leader, and a 2008 Forum presenter as well, to write a "monthly short, emphasis short, piece as part of the monthly newsletter." He agreed, with the proviso that he could write about whatever he wanted. In doing so, we did come up a few guidelines for the piece/column/whatever. They are:
* Each piece will be from 1 - 2 paragraphs.
* Shel will be responsible for 10 pieces, September - June, but may not write all of them.
* Others will be invited to contribute.
* Rovin and Bellows will edit all of them.
* Reader responses will be requested.
* Perhaps at the end of each piece will be "What do you think?" and the next newsletter will include at least some of the responses.
* The responses must, perforce, be brief.
* Subjects will be determined, but varied.
* Readers will be invited to suggest topics.
In addition, there might be a continuing series around a central theme with several contributors, as one example. Point - counter point is another example. Controversial topics will be the grist for this mill.
In appreciation of the title of our 2008 Forum, we refer to this column as "Transforming OurSpace Using Thinker's Thoughts." This column has been featured in our newsletter since September 2007. Links to all columns follow below.